Interesting damper regulation difference

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:14:31 EDT

=20
John,
=20
Based on what I've seen and tried, I'd say there's a fair amount of gray =20
area in damper timing. =20
=20
I posted here awhile back about changing the damper timing in a grand to =20
decrease "perceived weight."    It worked nicely, with no  noticeable diminu=
tion=20
of ability to play legato. =20
=20
I did it by raising the damper blocks using standard damper reg.  procedure.=
 =20
While the dampers came out lifting pretty evenly, I'll admit  that I'm not a=
s=20
good at that as the Seiler factory techs!  Next time I do  it, I'll try=20
bending the spoons instead, if there are any.
=20
Dave Stahl
=20
In a message dated 9/22/2005 7:48:20 AM Pacific Standard Time, =20