soundboard clamps

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:18:28 +0100

Hello Richard U - its one of those counter-sunk, long, parallel, thread all
the way to the head wood screws (sometimes black) often found in flat-pack
DIY kitchen unit kits

MG.(UK)

  _____

From: richard.ucci@att.net [mailto:richard.ucci@att.net]
Sent: 24 September 2005 12:21
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: soundboard clamps

John, What kind of screw? Can I get it at local hardware or Home Depot?
Whatz it look like?

-------------- Original message from John Ross <jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca>:
--------------

Cheap fix.

Is drill a hole through the rib so that a coarse thread gyprok screw will be
free.

Then run glue between rib and soundboard, put in the screw, it has an
aggressive point, and grabs the soundboard, pulling it back to the rib.

Let dry, remove screw, and drill through the board and install a dowel, if
you want to be neat.

I think I used the Scaff clamps years ago, but I found the above method
better.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca