Grotrian Steinwegs - to list or not to list?

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:46:13 -0700

The whole thing has gotten rather ridiculous.  My initial statement was =
in
response to the claim that unfelted backscales will result in a "sizzle =
like
riveted cymbals" and that sound is characteristic of all Grotrians.  =
That is
simply untrue, a misstatement, product of misinformation or =
carelessness.  I
don't know which.  It is not a matter of opinion or taste.  The sound of
riveted cymbals is unmistakable (I was drummer once).  It is nothing =
like
the sound emanating from an unlisted backscale.  I simply pointed that =
out
and thought that I would be remiss, knowing otherwise, not to.  When the
originator of the statement responded in a weaselly fashion rather than
being big enough to admit the error, I concocted a response riddled with
sarcasm.  Not particularly proud of that, but some people bring out the
devil in me.  I do, however, take full responsibility. (-:=20

=20

Needless to say, I think we should all be big enough to handle it when
called on our misstatements.  It is, after all, a list designed to =
provide
information (hopefully good information), so when something appears that
isn't, I think we have a responsibility to correct and clarify.  To go =
out
of our way to defend our errors simply puts us, as the historian Barbara
Tuchman so aptly pointed out, on a march of folly. =20

=20

David Love

davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

=20