Olde Mason & Hamlin Underlevers

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:50:42 EDT

Ton
  I might have a few from one that's being replaced(scrapped).
  I'll try to remember to check manana.

   Dale

Tom Sevinsky said: "Anyone out there have any spare damper underlevers for a
older Mason  =
Hamlin A ( 1920's)?  I'm trying like heck not to have to resort to  =
installing a new back action as a result of 6 termite damaged damper  =
levers.
The new Renner configuration doesn't match the older  style. The =
original underlever  front arm ( connected to the damper  wire) is 1 3/4" =
in length. The sostenuto tabs are 3/4" from the  base.
Any help or leads would be much appreciated.
Tom,
I wonder if  Pratt-Read damper levers would work? the length of the
underlever is 3.1" from  the center pin to the end of the lever. Standard Flange
configuration. The Top Lever is 1.57" from center pin to the top  of it. The
Sostenuto tab is .625" from the center pin to the under  side of the tab. I have a
whole set. Only down side is the Sostenuto tabs are  neoprene.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool  Police
Squares R I