Olde Mason & Hamlin Underlevers

Tom Servinsky tompiano@bellsouth.net
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 05:21:34 -0400

Dale,
If you do have some please call me on my cell, 772 260 7110. Much =
appreciated.
Tom Servinsky
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Olde Mason & Hamlin Underlevers

     Ton
    I might have a few from one that's being replaced(scrapped).
    I'll try to remember to check manana.

     Dale
    Tom Sevinsky said: "Anyone out there have any spare damper =
underlevers for a older Mason =3D
    Hamlin A ( 1920's)?  I'm trying like heck not to have to resort to =
=3D
    installing a new back action as a result of 6 termite damaged damper =
=3D
    levers.
      The new Renner configuration doesn't match the older style. The =
=3D
    original underlever  front arm ( connected to the damper wire) is 1 =
3/4" =3D
    in length. The sostenuto tabs are 3/4" from the base.
      Any help or leads would be much appreciated.
      Tom,
    I wonder if Pratt-Read damper levers would work? the length of the =
underlever is 3.1" from the center pin to the end of the lever. Standard =
Flange configuration. The Top Lever is 1.57" from center pin to the top =
of it. The Sostenuto tab is .625" from the center pin to the under side =
of the tab. I have a whole set. Only down side is the Sostenuto tabs are =
neoprene.
    Regards,=20
    Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
    Captain, Tool Police