Chinese Pianos

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 07:27:26 -0400

Actually Dave, my observation is that most homes that have the $60K SUV =
and/or Lexus and/or Corvette/Viper in the driveway do not opt for the =
new Chinese piano, but rather more often than not have a 1952 beat-up =
Winter/Gulbranson/Whatever spinet for the youngster to blossom on =
("couldn't pass it up, it was free!"). Just ran into two of them =
yesterday.......I just don't get it.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  While I'm not a big fan of Chinese pianos in general.... SNIP =20

  Many of these shiny pianos with disc players are purchased by cheap =
people.  By that, I mean people who could afford a Steingraber, but =
choose to buy little Jenny a "beginner's piano," because it is so pretty =
and a real deal.  People who think nothing of spending 60 grand on an =
SUV and all that money to fill it with gas, but who don't consider music =
"serious" enough to spend real money on.
  SNIP
  Dave Stahl