Electronic Pitch Source/Sanderson accufork

Jlmatt@aol.com Jlmatt@aol.com
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 02:31:59 EST

I had bad luck with the accufork. Mine would fluctuate as much as 1ct in 24
hours. Of course I did not realize that until I got an accutuner. I sent it
back and they exchanged it for an older model (the kind without the calibration
screw in the back) and that one was very stable but it must have had a short
somewhere. The batteries would not last and one time it actually started
smoking. I opened it and saw that a resistor or whatever those things are was
melting. So I gave up and went back to my little fork, calibrated a body temperature.
30 seconds under my armpit and I know it's exactly at 440 and will stay there
long enough for me to set pitch.
Jean-Luc Matton RPT