A humble aside to the Temperment discussions . . .

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:39:22 -0800

Brendel is known as being quite a good technician.  I agree with him =
that
under most circumstances pianists could do a lot to help their cause by
learning more about the instrument and technicians can also benefit from
understanding pianistic problems by knowing how to play.  Easier said =
than
done often.  I can say unquestionably that although I am not a concert =
level
pianist, having studied the piano for many years has helped me =
enormously in
understanding goals of tone production, action design, regulation and
balance.  =20

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20