Hammer Flange Text

ibetuner ibetuner@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 09:22:01 -0800

Mark:

Yes, I too thought about that.

I haven't tested the finish to see if it is a faux finish but don't you =
think it would have come off when they stripped the varnish, or whatever =
material was originally on the piano, off?   Or is there something else =
I should know about faux finishes....yes, there is much I should know =
because I know nathing.

TNX
Wayne

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Mark Potter=20
  To: Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:27 PM
  Subject: Re: Hammer Flange Text

  W Lutzow <ibetuner@sbcglobal.net> wrote:=20
    My client purchased the piano for $300. It has been stripped of =
paint and has some really interesting grains in the wood. The grain =
however, to me, looks strange...almost like it's just a printed paper =
grained veneer like some of the cheap kitchen cabinets they make today.=20

    Hi Wayne -

    This is most certainly a "faux-grained" finish.  Do NOT under any =
circumstances try to sand this surface, as the applied graining will =
quickly disappear - DAMHIK! =20

    Mark Potter