Rebuilder's Gallery Pianos

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jul 2 22:57:14 MDT 2006

> /"Nice board btw Terry (Nossaman piano)"
> /
> Thanks. But just to set the record correct and precise: nice panel. I
> built the panel, but Ron Nossaman built the ribs and ribbed the panel -
> all of course to his design specs. Ron deserves full credit for that
> wonderful sounding piano - I simply managed to avoid providing a weak link.
>
> Terry Farrell
>
> PS: Ohhhh man, when that wonderfully talented young pianist from Eastman
> played Debussy's "Walk in the Snow" after my class on Ron's piano - how
> soft, how delicate, how clear, how that treble sung and sustained - I
> have to say that I've never heard anything quite like that. It was stunning.

Thank you Sir. I was very impressed and gratified myself. It
was the first time I'd heard the piano played at anything near
it's potential, and in a favorable room. After your class, I
talked to the pianist about the recitals he did after my
class, and yours following. I said I had the impression he was
looking for the dynamic range limits in the piano in the first
set, since he took the pianissimo lower with each measure, and
seemed to have run out of music before he ran out of
pianissimo. He said yes, he was at the low end, but was used
to much more power at the top end. Dale Erwin stepped up just
then and observed that from the back of the hall, the piano
blew the walls down with as much power as you could ever want
from something that size. Bless you, big guy, I HUGELY
appreciate the comments. That was my impression too, but
hardly an objective take, considering. The second set, after
your class, my impression was that he was playing with the
treble sustain (from his reactions), and was forced by timing
to move on, even though the sound lingered long past what he
was used to up there.

Altogether an amazing and wonderful experience.

And I'll have another order for a couple more of those fine
magic panels for you soon.
Ron N