Rebuilder's Gallery Pianos

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Jul 3 12:32:38 MDT 2006

The whole thing is a ridiculous idea, in my view.  Put yourself in their
position.  A workman comes in, looks around and says, "gee it looks like you
have a lot of money, I think I'll charge you triple".  Right.  They'd be out
the door never to be seen again if they were working for me.    Oh, you're
not going to tell them, just hope they don't find out?  So they give you
referral but you don't know it.  Their friend doesn't look so rich so you
charge them 1/3 winning even more points when it gets back to the one who
referred them.  Great way to do business.  What a tangled web.   Just charge
what you think is a fair price and raise your prices for everyone
periodically as you see necessary and appropriate.  Discount (modestly), if
you want to, for trade people who give a lot of referrals.  If you really
feel compelled to give someone a break, do it with extra work that you don't
charge for, at least that's relatively invisible.  Having a two tiered
system of billing is asking for trouble.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com