big city rates

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Mon Jul 3 12:34:29 MDT 2006

Sid writes:
<< > In my rural area, I am on the verge of charging these people with

> their second homes and second

> decorator Steinways big city rates.  Likely triple my norm.

Greetings,
  This appears to be a classic case of opportunism.  If "these people" come
to find out that you are charging them more than your norm because they are
wealthy, (and it will happen), you can kiss your reputation and future income
from them good-bye.  Also, if you charge more because the customer is rich, you
cannot say your price and your quality are linked.  There is nothing but
trouble ahead for this business approach.
    Your integrity will be measured by how closely your word and your deed
match one another.  Will you honestly tell customers that your price depends on
how much money they have?
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT