Rebuilder's Gallery Pianos:Non-stwy Vintage pianos

Absolute Piano absolutepiano at comcast.net
Mon Jul 3 18:57:49 MDT 2006

Speaking as an East Coast guy, we see a lot of Steinerts & Knabes. The private customer will spend as much to rebuild them, generally, with some convincing from their friendly neighborhood rebuilder. As far as selling these, it's possible but certainly nor as easy as the fallboard recognitionof a Stwy or M&H. We can get these pianos for the cost of the move sometimes so if you can pull in enough dough to cover your work, be happy. My angle is to explain to the customer that I have a collection of vintage pianos and that they can pick one out and I will give it to them for free if they are willing to invest in giving the piano a second life. Personally I love working on other fine brands other than Steinway. In fact, my next five pianos are a Steinert, M&H, Old Baldwin, Knabe and Bechstein. Don't forget the Steinert family of Jewett and Hume. I'm really looking forward to trying some of Ron Nossamon/Del Fandrich?Ron Overs innovations to these babies.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Boston, Massachusetts