big city rates

Bob Hull hullfam5 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 21:56:35 MDT 2006

Exactly, Ed.  Our price cannot be raised at the house
with the benz in the drive and housekeepers scurrying
about.  However, when we want to give a discount to
someone in a difficult situation I think that is fine.

 I don't think Sid's goal is to be dishonest at all.
Maybe some technicians don't have their prices worked
out on a firm enough schedule and are left to decide
what to charge as they face each job. That could
result in making less money than you should.  Each one
should decide if they are charging by an hourly rate
or a set rate per job type and be consistent.  Somehow
we need to be careful with discounting for that needy
customer in the event that the discounted rate becomes
known to someone else it doesn't sound like we were
just charging the thicker carpet people a higher rate.