Rebuilder's Gallery Pianos

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Jul 4 08:45:28 MDT 2006

Hi Bob
  Good post.
  This surely most often the case & the below  scenario is also accurate.
  With high end sales in the tank nationwide the 15 to 30  k restoration ,new
new or rebuilt by & tenhnician and sold piano is  frankly in my opinion where
most of the money is being spent.
  I came home to a stew of request for rebuilds in this  price range.
  If perception can be changed & serious buyers check  out th well restored
or remanufactured small grand with there ears & fingers  instead of  simply
price shopping I believe they'll find  sound &  performance will almost always be
superior.
Just my 2 cents worth
  Dale

Also, I  would think that most of the time rebuilders
are building a customer's  piano and not their own.
This piano is often not being rebuilt because it  has a
market value significantly higher than the cost of the
rebuild,  but rather because  a) it is a family
heirloom (like the one I just  finished doing) or, b)
the rebuild will yeild a better piano for the  money
spent than purchasing a new piano would.

I suppose this may  frustrate the new piano sales folks
somewhat.  Competition can be good  between new and old
and between a variety of brands.

Have a great  week!
Bob Hull