Cocked Hat piano, Jude Reveley

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 4 11:52:58 MDT 2006

I'm gonna warn you right off the bat that this thing
probably has a  Chickering "Browne" action that will
drive you to near suicide if you try to fully rebuild
it! I just did one ( 4-500 hours )  and  I'd never do
another for less than $7,000. (Speaking of which,
contact me if you need advice, info, etc., or someone
to do it. )
     At that price, you might also consider convincing
the customer to put a modern action in it, for a  bit
more.
     What you can expect from the Browne action is a
very light touch, and good repetition, but not quite
as good asa  modern action. If it doesn't have the
"thumbtacks" under the hammershanks, you would want to
consider installing some, as this will make regulation
immenseley easier!