Piano Wire Cannisters

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Jul 6 05:49:53 MDT 2006

Blaine:

I have the 1-pound canisters with all the common sizes from 13 - 22 and
they work fine.  I do start from the center ignoring their "Start here"
tag.  I just leave a short piece of wire protruding from the center hole
in the top.  I have another set in my car and since they get jostled
around I've drilled small holes in the tops to stick the wire back in.
I don't use anything to hold the wire on installing a new coil in the
canister.  In 30+ years I've only sproinged one coil but that was
dramatic enough that I remember to be really quick at putting the top on
when I let go of the coil.  Hey, a little challenge!

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu