Church situation

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Jul 6 07:02:06 MDT 2006

If they are on TV weekly, tuning the piano weekly is a good thing.
Every other week may work out if their climate control is good.  I used
to tweak a recording studio every week and made the mistake of giving
them too good a deal.  Don't!  If you are making a living now don't cave
in and give yourself away.  Your service is worth a decent fee and your
confidence in your approach to this job will reflect that.  How much of
a discount do you think the TV station(s) is giving them because they're
on every week?  Some, undoubtedly, but they're not giving their time
away.  Even if you can do a 15 minute tweak every other week, you still
have to drive there, park, and drive to your next appointment just as
you would if it were a full hour tuning.

Don't give yourself away.  Been there, done that!

dave

David M. Porritt

dporritt at smu.edu