post pitch-raise creep?

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 7 16:31:55 MDT 2006

I find I have to modify the overpull target percentages to fit the
piano I am working on.  Little pianos (upright) don't seem to like
much overpull.  Concert grands on the other hand want a whole lot of
overpull.  Typically I find that 10 - 18 % works well on the bass
bridge, wound wire and 20 -28 % works well in the tenor and lower
treble.   Generally switch to 30 - 38% in the high treble, especially
after the dampers stop.  Verituner BTW

Andrew Anderson