post pitch-raise creep?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sun Jul 9 10:13:06 MDT 2006

Boy Paul are we on the same page!
I think speed of the tuning lever in getting the pin to move is also an issue here.
Slow  pull, I think has a tendency to put more twist in the pin, that is later released, allowing the pitch to drop. Those tuners who are able to get the pin to snap forward, can tune softer.
Related, soft pins from our Chinese frends are harder to feel move at the 3 o'clock position and moving to 11 to 12 o'clock helps a lot.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com