String replacement under overstrung area

Michelle Smith michelle at cdaustin.com
Tue Jul 11 12:38:05 MDT 2006

I sincerely appreciate all of your responses concerning restringing in the
overstrung area.  My assistant (aka: dad) is so enthralled with all of this
that he ran out and bought some tubing to create our own stringer.  (He's a
shop tinkerer and I'm sure some of you can relate.)

Concerning loosening the bass strings to get them out of the way, would this
be a problem on an old piano such as the one I worked on?  The strings are
ancient and I don't even want to breathe on them if I don't have to.

Michelle Smith

  _____