post pitch-raise creep?

John M. Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Tue Jul 11 18:21:27 MDT 2006

That's interesting, Don. I was fooling around with the method for setting
the string using a hammer shank. I noticed that there was a certain point at
which pressing harder on the string made it go sharp, but this was only in
the top treble sections. That corresponds with your observation about
pounding hard. (Except that deflecting the string with the shank results in
downward movement whereas the hammer striking it results in upward movement
(in grands anyway).)

Hmmm...not sure just what this means. I need more data. More brains wouldn't
hurt either. ;-)

John Formsma