Grand Touch

Absolute Piano absolutepiano at comcast.net
Tue Jul 11 20:46:59 MDT 2006

David hits the nail on the head. As inertia is defined as mass x velocity, there is an equal trade off in the weight verse the position of leads. So we should be talking about the limit of acceptable FW. In my experience if the lowest key starts with front weight in the mid-forties (grams) where the FW matches the strike weight in its curve, there will be that inertia dampening effect (pardon the Star Trek jargon).

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Boston, Massachusetts