Grand Touch

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Jul 11 23:26:06 MDT 2006

My comments were really on a different thread addressing what constitutes
too much lead, but trying to draw a relationship between high upweight and
amount of lead is dubious.  There are many examples of high upweights and
overleading as friction within the system is the more likely cause of low
upweights than too much lead.  I do agree that the balance rail hole, or
angle of the balance rail pin (to much rearward inclination), or early
damper pick up are all good possibilities.  But since those were mentioned
prior to my suggestion to examine the amount of lead, I didn't feel it
necessary to restate them.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com