Digital calipers

MICHAEL MORVAN keymaestro at verizon.net
Wed Jul 12 11:43:14 MDT 2006

Joel,
    As a former machinist with my foot still in the door, I recommend using
a dial caliper for anything important. Digital calipers/micrometers are
famous for going out of calibration. Just recently I was making some inserts
at my father in-laws house using his digital caliper. When it was time to
use the inserts I measured them with my calipers and they were all 15
thousandths of an inch to big. By all means, they are good quick reference
tools but stick to a dial for accuracy. Just my opinion. Mike
Michael A. Morvan
Blackstone Valley Piano
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma 01569