TuneLab 97 Any good?

Brent Musgrave pianotek1963 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 20:53:22 MDT 2006

Hello,

I used TuneLab 97 prior to upgrading to Pro and now Pocket.  I also
previously used a SAT II.  You can learn to use TuneLab 97, though it is a
little more work if you use the graphic or numeric tuning curve editor.
Alternately, you can download David Porritt's Calcul8 plugin and it will
automatically calculate a tuning curve for you, using 3-5 IH measurements.
The plugin is on the TuneLab web site.

I did learn to use the graphic editor and produced some very nice tuning
curves that I could aurally verify (I also tune aurally).  If you are
interested, I will gladly post my procedure for using the TuneLab 97 graphic
editor.  It is very helpful to have an understanding of aural tuning
principles when using TuneLab 97 or any ETD for that matter.

Yes, I do recommend the Pro/Pocket versions, but TuneLab 97 is a better
tuning program than it gets credit for.  It is guilty of requiring you to
think.  The enhancements that come with the Pro and Pocket versions are well
worth the modest investment.

Best regards,
Brent Musgrave