Key flexing, was "Inertia," was "Grand Touch"

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Jul 16 20:12:06 MDT 2006

Ron,

Are the button and top plate two pieces or one? If they are two why not make
it just one and do a gradual taper all the way to the end of the top plate.
I suspect you would pick up some additional stiffness.

Since the top of the key is in tension I would think you get much more
strain reduction by stiffening the top.

Dean