1890s WNG Action Geometry

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Jul 19 06:13:44 MDT 2006

Another aspect is action elevations.  A few years ago in the Journal
was an article addressing this.

Recently, on a M&H, I was having a heck of a time getting the action
to regulate satisfactorily.  I noticed that the jack to shank angle and
wippen inclination was not ideal.  After raising the wippen rail 3mm
the action behaved.  The distance between heights of the hammer
and wippen centers is about 6.4cm.

Check you key elevation as well. The frame cloth may have been
changed with wrong back rail thickness or was wrong from the factory (!?).
--

Regards,

Jon Page