Story and Clark not tuned for 30 years!!

Avery avery1 at houston.rr.com
Fri Jul 21 22:54:36 MDT 2006

Sam,

I wasn't going to dive into this but I can't get it out of my mind.
So, If I do, I'll have my "teacher" hat on! :-D

Before I do, though, I have three questions that you don't address in
your post.

1. Do you tune strictly aurally or use an ETD in some way?

2. App. how flat was the piano? I'm assuming that the lower bass
wasn't as flat as the middle and the higher treble was much more flat
than the middle. Correct?

3. Were there any loose tuning pins? I'm assuming from your comment
about the tuning pins that there weren't.

This will be an "IMO" type of post after over 30 yrs. of doing this,
but if you're interested, let me know.

Avery Todd
University of Houston

P.S. Warning. This will probably be a fairly long post. :-)