WOW!! I saw GOLD PAINTED tuning pins!

Dtalcott at cs.com Dtalcott at cs.com
Thu Jul 27 01:40:20 MDT 2006

Dear Julia--

I myself am somewhat a finish freak. Currently I am having to pack and move
my
shop to a new location -- maybe even having to store it. While preparing the
big
and heavy stuff (drill press, table saw, bench grinder, bandsaw) for moving I
have
been cleaning up and painting things. These tools are probably the same age
as the piano that you mentioned, since they were originally my grandfather's:
all made by Craftsman, made of cast iron and painted Craftsman Blue. There are
no off-the-shelf
cans of aerosol blue that are close enough (it's a blue with a small tint of
green and
difficult to match). I may take a sample in to my favorite paint shop and
have them match it on their colorimeter system to make me a gallon of enamel.
Will of course have to break out my spray gun.

Sound like a neat piano; reminds me of a friend's Baldwin grand in which I
installed nickel-plated tuning pins when I restrung the thing.

Cheers,
Dave T.