Noise in the bass strings that won't tune away.

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 27 14:14:46 MDT 2006

Seems to me I heard about this problem a while back on the list.  I
didn't follow it closely so I don't know if I'm re-hashing the
solution.  I've been prepping a high-end grand for a customer of mine
and I had the problem of bass strings that just wouldn't go into unison.

I wasn't worried because the first tuning was just the second part of
the prep list.

Clue: piano was well prepped before shipping from the east coast but
was moved into a home with significantly higher relative
humidity.  The problem resolved itself by the time I got around to
the fine tuning in the end.

Educated guesses at the fix?

Andrew Anderson