Why? Why? Why?

Hechler Family dahechler at charter.net
Sat Jul 29 11:49:56 MDT 2006

This is mainly directed to PTG.

I am very upset about the website, by default, listing only RPTs
(Initially, that is why we, our chapter, created our own website) And
the latest ruling about the use of the Associate Logo. I view both of
these as a form of discrimination (which I don't need to put up with)

Our chapter for one, have many -excellent- Associates, for whatever
reason, are NOT going to go for the "status" of RPT.

I, for one, absolutely do not have the time and learn all the required
items to pass the tests. Furthermore, I can't make a living and do that
much studying at the same time plus the expense to go to a place to take
the tests. And, on top of all of that, I have enough hearing loss that I
absolutely can not, ever, hear well enough to learn aural tuning, let
alone pass the test - that is why I use an ETD. (Just to see how I would
fair, I took an aural tuning class at the last convention I went to, and
could not hear the temperament tuning tests that the instructor was
trying to teach.)

In my neck of the woods, I have only a few customers with -grands-, most
of mine have various sizes of uprights. And I am more dedicated to
antique players and reed organs, of which, basically, I'm it. Theres
only one or two guys left that are even interested in servicing and/or
rebuilding these fine instruments.

So, bottom line, I will probably never will go for the RPT exams.

If this means being discriminated against or chastised or ignored, then
I will quit the association!

Best regards,
Duaine

--