Pianotek's ebony sharp stain

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Sun Jul 30 18:19:25 MDT 2006

I've got a set of nice ebony on an '06 S&S B (just turned 100 on
Friday!) but there are a couple with brown spots or streaks where the
wood was not completely black under whatever Steinway used back then to
finish their sharps. I got a bottle of Transtint black stain from
Pianotek to take care of this problem but I thought I'd check with the
list to see if anybody had had any direct experience using this product
and can offer any advice.
TIA,

Mark Dierauf