removing key leads

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jul 30 21:01:16 MDT 2006

Indeed, yes, that is fairly obvious. I believe this type of tool is handy
for many other tasks such as pushing in new capstans, and backchecks. The
one-ton has a 5.5" height capacity and the half-ton is an inch shorter. My
question, more completely stated, was which machine best serves all the
common needs of the shop-bound piano technician. I suspect the half-ton
could press just about anything I wanted into a spruce key. But not ever
having used such a tool, I was wondering if the height capacity or anything
else about the larger model made it more attractive to the piano tech.

Terry Farrell