Tuning Tip Tip

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Sat Jun 3 07:27:06 MDT 2006

Fellow pin turners,

I've been using Hale tips for quite awhile.  I have an old one that works well.  The newer ones I've tried, however, have not been satisfactory.  They don't fit far enough over the pins, which allows excess play, and as a result, an unsettling amount of rocking.

After being assured that it would fit on my hammer--a Hale head--I ordered a Watanabe from PIanotek.  It arrived a couple of days ago.  I used it for the first time yesterday.  It has a much better, snugger fit than the Hales I've grown accustomed to.  IF you're unsatisfied with what you're currently using, I'd recommend the Watanabes.

Dave Stahl