Scaling

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 6 04:26:22 MDT 2006

For the record, this Kawai had all sizes in American. All wire sizes were accurate with American measurements.
When I initially evaluated the instrument and saw the #14 at the top, my first inclination was to assume that it was a #13.5 string.
I have done a number of Kawai's and Yamaha's in the past were the size measurement were 1/2 size larger in all cases. Thus, my curiosity as to why this was different raised several concerns. Could this have been a mistake from the factory?
Or could this be the result of another technician miss-reading the initial readings and stringing with incorrect sizes?

Tom Servinsky