Scaling

Avery avery1 at houston.rr.com
Mon Jun 5 21:53:55 MDT 2006

Dale,

Which measurement are we talking about here. 14 American or 14 Metric?

Since the chart I posted earlier for the 500 was
from Kawai, I figured they're talking Metric.
If one is trying to restring a "Metric" piano
with American wire, then this "might" be the case.
Although I still believe that a class Don Manino
gave here in Houston years ago, said that
Kawai had done some comparisons and some sizes were the same and some weren't.

Where's Don M. when one needs him?! :-D

>14  - 6
>14½ - 8
>15  - 4
>15½ - 6
>16  - 6
>16½ - 6
>17  - 6
>17½ - 6
>18  - 6
>18½ - 6
>19  - 2

I have sets of both Metric & American, but I've never really compared them.

Avery Todd
University of Houston