Selling your route

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Wed Jun 14 11:44:06 MDT 2006

I have always had a problem with the selling of a business.
The customers he had, have an understanding with him/her personally.
Who is to say that they would hire you.
I think a fair way, might be to give a certain percentage of the job fee you get from, his referrals.
Even if you did not buy the business, if your work is good, and the price reasonably, you would probably have a fair number of these customers anyway.
I have lots of names of people I have tuned for, some of them for whatever reason, have had someone else tune. I usually find this out, when they call me back.
I never was one for calling to say it was time for a piano tuning, I always waited for them to call me.
I guess what I am trying to say is, what guarantee do you have that these are actually his customers.
I would be hesitant about offering any big buck price.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca