Who wants "Simplex" push-up piano player, cheap or free, in Rochester.....

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 18 19:43:34 MDT 2006

It's at my brother's, 1895, flame-grain mahogany,
mahogany 65-note tracker bar, nice curved glass over
spool box, spring-wind roll feed. I picked this up in
1974 when I rowed a boat across New York, on the Erie
canal ( worth seeing! ) at a  junk shop in the
country. After tying up in Albany, we drove back and
bought it. Then I refinished it ( amateur,
polyurethane, I was 17 ) and took it apart for
restoration. But I soon got involved in more important
projects, so it has sat for 30 years, but should be
100% there, and not too hard to figure out if you know
anything about player piano technology.
I promised it to whomever chipped in the most to get
me to Rochester, and that still holds. But since no
one has contacted me about it, it may still be
available. I'd like to get a little for it, naturally,
but it will be free if no one offers cash.
Reply privately, if interested, and I'll tell you how
to contact my brother ( A really nice fellow, MUCH
nicer than me !!! ) to pick it up. In Pitston, right
next to Rochester.
    Thanks!
    Thump

P.S. It's total volume is about the same as a
clothes-dryer, and as heavy.