Pianotech Digest, Vol 1276, Issue 119

george bartlett gbart at persona.ca
Fri Jun 23 09:54:36 MDT 2006

Ben,

I have had the same experience  with turned front rail pins. The immediate
response appears to give excellent results, the key does feel tighter,nicer
to play and the keys are nicely spaced. However, my experience has been that
after some time these keys started  to stick,  humidity must have  come into
play here and I ended up putting the pin back basically to where it was.
Maybe a new set of key bushings would have been the safest fix.

Regards

George

Piano Tech . NL, Can

Keep That Piano Tuned UP.........