near impossible tuning

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Sun Mar 5 09:42:45 MST 2006

Dean,

Well, you sort of answered your own question there.  Yes, voicing is the problem.....if you don't do it.  It's not really difficult, it just takes some effort and the will to do it.  <And> as Roger wrote, the strings need to be leveled, etc.

I seem to recall you've had the same complaints about Kawais in the past, Dean.  Not to sound like your mother or anything, but, haven't you tried voicing them yet?!  :-)

10 year old pianos that have never been voiced?   Eeeew.  This is your chance to be a really big hero (that is, if the owners are wanting a change).

Barbara Richmond