Kawai vs. Yamaha

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Sun Mar 5 12:07:09 MST 2006

Patrick,

Respectfully disagree.  I find the newer Kawais, particularly the RX's to be
very nice if properly voiced and regulated from the factory.  The Shigeru's,
of which I have seen a few - very nice.  Some of the best, IMO.  Yes, with
or above the Yamaha S series.

As for the new action parts, "black ABS" being just plain weird, someone
probably said that about the double-escapement grand action that Erard came
up with.  The action parts BTW are Carbon-impregnated ABS.  I think they are
the cat's meow.  Just my opinion.  ABS in general, is found to be stronger,
more dimensionally stable, among other things.

Regards,
William R. Monroe