Resonance

Philippe Errembault phil.errembault at skynet.be
Mon Mar 6 04:32:54 MST 2006

Hi,

About newbies (cfr other threads ;-) ) I've observed something curious
on my piano which I reminds, is a very old one with wooden frame etc...
It's previous owner had it serviced and tuned, not long before I got it, so
it could be an element of information in my question...

What I observed is that A3 or A4 was brighter than the other notes, which I
first suspected as an need for voicing the hammer, but then i observed
that the A's above were brighter too... So, as I felt hard to believe the Idea
of an illness specific to A strings, I wondered if the problem really from the
hammers, or could instead come from a specific resonance of the piano
itself on that frequency and the harmonics...

Your opinions ? possible ? not possible ? should I suspect the previous
work ?

Philippe

Ps : I ask the question, because currently, I'm more interested in learning
the "tuning" part, and I will attach myself to learn the "voicing" part later.