CA Mythology

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Tue Mar 7 22:35:46 MST 2006

Alan,
         To your post I have only one question.
Should all pianos be saved? While it may be
possible to breathe some life back into the old
beast I wonder if it's prudent. We make our
living stringing these things along but seldom
consider that  our efforts are probably hurting
new piano sales and given the myriad of problems
the rest of the piano has we may not be doing our
customers any favors either. I often use the
analogy of a race car driver with my customers.
If you wanted to learn how to drive one would you
buy an old Ford Pinto to practice on? Heck, we
could be running ourselves out of business! Just
some late night thoughts to ponder.

best,
Greg

Greg Newell