Voicing of high bass on Steinway L

Bec and John Silva bjsilva001 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 9 15:38:33 MST 2006

Hi David,

Could a change to the plain-wire notes be as simple as using a
different diameter wire? I'd rather not switch to wound strings, as
the only one that really bothers me is the B27, and it bothers me
much less than the tone of the Bb26 and often the A25 as well. But
the B27 could have a little less "gut", if you know what I mean.

- John