So, let's talk about damper lift

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Wed Mar 15 01:38:15 MST 2006

Hi Again

Ok... I see... we are talking about engaging the dampers when the pedal
is down.  Grin... sometimes takes a bit of time to sort out where a post
is going.  I suppose I'd have to try it and think this through a bit.
Strikes me off hand tho that if your goal is transparentness of touch,
then concentrating all the weight of both damper lift and escapment
(with the pedal down) at exactly the same moment would be counter
productive. And it would create a very different sensation then without
the pedal. When the pedal is not engaged, these two moments happen
naturally enough at different moments of time, spreading out the nett
effect of both touchwise. Setting the pedal as you suggest would
increase the resistance through escapment... which off hand strikes me
as a downside touchwise.

Still.. I'll have to give it a whirl and see.

Cheers
RicB