So, let's talk about damper lift

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 05:31:49 MST 2006

Ric writes:

<<  Keyend felt and

underlever contact has to happen so that the dampers lift at halfblow...

which is well before escapment gets going. And any adjustement to that

damper lift pedal wont affect that contact moment anyways. So what is it

you are trying to formulate here ? >>

      The keyend felts contact  the underlevers much, much later, when the
pedal has already lifted them.

      As Ric says:
" Setting the pedal as you suggest would  increase the resistance through
escapment... which off hand strikes me  as a downside touchwise."
     I agree, and since this is an area where compromise is unavoidable, I
was curious what others had considered.  My question was not looking for
consensus, but, rather, to gather others' impressions as to where the final height of
lift should be for optimum performance.
  Hope that is a clearer idea of what my intentions were!
regards,

Ed Foote RPT