news articles

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Wed Mar 15 14:18:26 MST 2006

> David, I looked for this recording - it's not called "Live at Seiji Ozawa
> Hall". What I found was:
> http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/album.jsp?album_id=1176
> name of album: Lang Lang - Haydn, Rachmaninov, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Et Al
>
> available cheaper from Amazon:
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000059SYO/sr=8-7/qid=1142450015/ref=pd_bbs_7
> /104-3303294-1189531?%5Fencoding=UTF8
>
> Cheers
> || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| ||
> Jason Kanter

That¹s the one.....thanks, Jason, for the correction.  It¹s been on my iPod
so long I didn¹t remember the name of the CD. I highly recommend the
purchase of this CD for serious study of piano recording and concert
prep...keep in mind this was a LIVE recording, so that Barbara Renner, the
concert tech, had to balance the near-field sound and the sound in the back
of the hall.  Usually, if the piano sounds good in the hall, it¹s a bit too
rangy, ³attack-ey² for recording, but she balanced the voicing of the
hammers in a masterful way.
And the tuning----amazing.  Musical.  Solid.  Some of the best unisons I¹ve
ever heard, and the artist takes full advantage of the singing, long-sustain
tuning in his performance---you can tell he¹s listening to EVERYTHING.

Best,

David Andersen