Women and Tuning

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Wed Mar 22 07:05:44 MST 2006

Michelle:

Welcome.

I would give you the same advice as I would give a male tuner..with a twist:

I do not enter any home where the oldest is not 18 years of age. 99.999%
of the time, this is not an issue, especially in Florida! There has been
the phone conversation where a client is explaining to me that : "You
can come at xx time, but I won't be home yet, but my 15-year old son
will be." - Sorry - not good enough for me. Granted, I have never met a
piano client that I felt threatened by, but I am not a woman (save the
comments guys!). Michelle, since you're new and for the most part, this
is a male-oriented field, perhaps the females reading this list would
help you better than the majority of us men. I won't pick them out
individually, but there are women who frequent these halls. I would be
listening to them. They may even contact you privately.

Stick around - there's lots to learn.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)