BBB Membership?

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich at pianobuilders.com
Thu Mar 23 17:13:25 MST 2006

This organization may have changed since my last experience with them, but in
the past I've not been favorable impressed.

In another city and at another time I was talked into joining the BBB. During
this time I fairly regularly ran into some really bad work done by a shop local
to the area. I began to wonder about the veracity of the organization after
several of my clients told me the BBB had given them a favorable report about
this shop. (The shop in question also advertised their membership in the BBB).
Some of these clients told me they had also called the BBB and complained about
the service they received from this shop. After about half a dozen of these
encounters I called the BBB with my own query. I was also told the shop in
question was a member in good standing -- there were no complaints on file. I
chose to believe my clients. I ended up with the impression that the only
requirement for remaining a BBB member in good standing was to pay their annual
fee and, consequently, dropped my membership.

Del